Bio Nano Consulting has one Research Scientist role available. The initial contract is for 18 months with the possibility of extension.
Working alongside the product development team, the role will involve:
- Fabrication and characterisation of optical thin film fluoride sensors
- Identifing and developing suitable techniques for the collection and analysis of spectroscopic data
- Ensuring the validity and reliability of data at all times
- Maintaining accurate and compelete records of all findings
- Conducting national and international field trials
- Preparing progress reports on research as required
- Contributing to the drafting and submitting of papers to peer reviewed journals and patent applications
PhD in Material Science, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry
Knowledge / Experience
Laboratory experience and evidence of competency working in laboratory environments is essential
- Must be confident working independently
- Ideally applicants will have experience in optical thin-film sensors
- Ideally applicants will have experience in nanomaterial synthesis
- Ideally applicants will have experience in sensor design, fabrication and characterisation
- Experience in design of optical instrumentation as well as microfluidics will be beneficial but not essential
- Some industry experience would be preferable.
Skills and Abilities
- ability to conduct a comprehensive but succinct review of recent literature
- ability to apply knowledge and experience, described above, to generate relevant experimental data
- ability to develop and apply new concepts or theories, drawing on literature and experimental information
- creative approach to problem-solving
- excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- excellent written communication skills, especially to write clearly and succinctly for publication
- ability to organise work on own initiative and prioritise own work in response to deadlines
- ability to complete agreed work plan on time and to the required quality.
- willingness to work as part of a team and to be open-minded and cooperative
- flexible attitude towards work as necessitated by the demands of the project
- highly self-motivated
- disciplined with regard to confidentiality and security at all times
- willingness to undertake any necessary training for the role
- willingness to travel both within the United Kingdom and abroad to conduct research, field-trials and meet with project collaborators/sponsors
Salary & Benefits
The salary will be commensurate with experience. We also offer a stakeholder pension scheme and 22 days paid annual leave. Normal place of work will be at Bio Nano Consulting’s Laboratories at Rothamsted Open Innovation Hub, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ.
To apply for this position please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Bio Nano Consulting is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged.
Closing date: 26th November 2020 at 23.59